During the quarantine period in Ukraine, the number of unemployed increased by 73%. From March 13 to August 31, 2020, 444 thousand unemployed Ukrainians were registered, the press center of the State Employment Service reported.
In order not to expose yourself to danger and avoid congestion, you can apply to the State Employment Service and get the status of unemployed without leaving home. The public services portal "DIYA" will help in this.
Who can get the status of the unemployed?
According to the legislation of Ukraine the status of the unemployed can receive:
• non-working citizens of working age before retirement, who is a due to lack of work have no earnings, but are ready to work;
• persons under the age of 16 who have already worked but have been dismissed;
• disabled people who have not reached retirement age.
Registration on the portal "DIYA"
To obtain the status of unemployed, you need to log in to the portal " DIYA ". This can be done with the help of an electronic digital signature (EDS) or a qualified electronic signature (QES) of PrivatBank.
To get QES you need:
1. Go to the personal account "Privat24".
2. Go to the menu "All services" / "Business" / "Download certificate".
3. Specify your data, check their correctness and click "Data is correct".
4. Come up with a password to the file – key storage.
5. Enter the password that will be sent via SMS or in the mobile application "Privat24".
6. Check the box "I am familiar with and agree to the terms."
7. Click "Next".
The application for a certificate will be formed automatically, you will receive a letter with it.
When the digital signature is already available, you need to go to the portal " DIYA ", find the section "Unemployment benefits" and click "Apply". After that, you will be asked to log in to the user's account on the portal using EDS or QES. Just find the saved QES file, drag it into the browser window and enter your password.
Filling in data
After authorization you need to pass a short survey. Questions include whether you have served in the military, having children, disability, or seniority.
After completing the online questionnaire, the system will determine the list of documents (passport, education documents, employment record book, etc.) required to obtain unemployment status.
During quarantine, the status and purpose of unemployment benefits must be assigned on the first day after the application. You will receive a confirmation of your status or a reasoned refusal by e-mail.